Saturday, October 30, 2010

Was I Bliss-less by not attending #BlissdomCanada ?

What is Blissdom Canada?

Well for being someone that didn't attend I'll go with a three day conference with bloggers to meet, great and learn.  It's about networking with other bloggers, brands & speakers.
Yes it does sound like somewhere I would have a fantastic time, but I wasn't able to go to Blissdom Canada.  It wasn't that I didn't want to, it's just that the timing wasn't right for me. 

I have saw first hand that when people don't get to go to certain events the little green eyed monster shows up.  I've read it on twitter & facebook. 

Personally I think that is ridiculous. 

I was very excited for my pals that they were attending.  They still included everyone not attending in the great happenings of each day.  I read daily recap blogs.  Live tweets during Keynote Speaking were sent to highlight important topics and I had a blast last night seeing everyone's pics of the Costume Party.

Today I asked on the #BlissdomCanada (hastag) if anyone is doing a recap of BlissdomCanada could they please send me a link to their blog?  Within minutes I was getting replies.  Everyone is happy to share what they learned.

So although I was unable to attend the inaugural BlissdomCanada I didn't feel left out.  Instead I felt somewhat "in the loop"
That's the difference between jealously and supportiveness.

Bliss(domCanada) is what you make it!

4 comments:

  1. Yep I'm with you. I felt included even though I was following at home. Would I have loved to go, of course. Will I go next year, if all things fall into place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't get to go to any of this years conferences, blogher, blissdom etc because honestly it wasn't doable with the crazy schedule nor the bank account :-(

    I would have loved to go but I'm not jealous of those who had the opportunity, I'm happy for them and glad they want to share their experiences. I too was following from home this time, smiling at some of the crazy antics the tweeps I tweet with were getting into over at blissdom.

    Maybe next year...;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. In all honesty, I didn't see any jealousness happening. Everyone was warm and friendly, and there was plenty of people to talk to and hang out with.

    Conferences really are what you make them, though. One can put the responsibility of making them feel like they are fitting in on others and then be disappointed when that doesn't happen (because let's face it, people aren't psychic) or they can suck it up, sit down with a group of people they don't know, and introduce themselves. It's a bit tough and I admit that I had to force myself to do it, but in the end, it's totally worth it.

    I hope you get the opportunity to go next year. It was the most fun I've had in a VERY long time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel the same way when I don't go to the events. There's not point in being bitter and jealous. Of course I might wish I were there, but I love seeing the tweets of those that are. And this time, I did get to be there. And it was awesome. And I hope you can come to the next one. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...