Friday, January 30, 2009

Household Management

Thanks for stopping by!
Today my multi-managing is about household management
This I have to admit is where I often drop the ball.
When I get home I just want to hang out, spend time with my son & relax. The problem is that means no one tending to the house.
Don't get me wrong, my house is not dirty (I do vaccum, sweep, do laundry, clean the bathroom, kitchen stuff etc), it's the fact that I need to get a lot done with very little time to do it. I'm also including the fact that I shovel in the winter, & mow the lawn in the summer. This doesn't leave any time for other household tasks like cleaning out cupboards, going through buckets of toys that are no longer played with etc. I'd like to say that I have it all together, but this is where my domestic abilities fail. I started to do little cheats like, doing laundry & leaving the clothes in the dryer, shoving papers & misc. items in rubbermaid bins, just leaving frequently used items out for easy access & even hired someone to take care of my lawn this summer.
Still these are not working for me. Even when I set time aside for decluttering & re-organizing, I procrastinate. I just don't enjoy doing it. I do enjoy the end result when it's finally done, but soon enough it happens all over again. I don't know why I have this resistance to doing housework, I just do. If I read something I tend to be more motivated, but that doesn't last long.
My question is what would you do if you were me? How would you find the time/motivation to keep the habit of an organized haven?
Thanks for any suggestions you might have
Lisa

1 comment:

  1. I would make a list of all of the areas that you need to work on....old toys, filing drawers, cabinets, drawers, etc. Then the next day begin your 15 minute a day plan. Each day set aside 15 minutes (set a timer) to work on your list. Stop when the 15 minutes is up. That is the key to avoid burnout....stop when the 15 minutes is up. Slowly, you will make a dent in your list.
    It works!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...