Jello Poke Cake
- A white or vanilla cake mix (for a 9x11 cake) and ingredients required for that mix (doesn't matter what brand, as I usually use the NO NAME box cake mix)
- Jello (any flavour you love!)
- Cool Whip (or No Name dessert topping-I've even used the LIGHT Cool Whip and it works)
Bake the cake as directed on the box. Let cool (as I said above I usually make the cake the day before) and then refridgerate.
Once the cake has cooled take a fork and make lots of piercings all over the cake (the more holes the better!) Remember the cake has to stay in the pan!
Make the JELLO as directed but don't put it in the fridge to set, instead of refridgerating it, pour it all over the cake. The Jello will colour the cake and get into all the fork piercings you've made.
Next cover the whole top of the cake with LOTS of Cool Whip
Put the cake back into the fridge until it is ready to be served (half a day is usually good for properly setting the cake)
When you cut the cake your guests will think you made a marble cake for them!
How easy was that?
Theme Your CakeYour choice of Jello flavour can help theme your cake for occasions!
- Red could be for Christmas, Valentine's Day or Canada Day
- Green could be for Christmas, Earth Day or St. Patrick's Day
- Purple could could be for Halloween
- Try a couple of colours for Easter (think of colourful Easter Eggs)
Thanks for reading!