Relatively Easy Recipe
The Ingredients Included
- Barilla Pasta that was on sale and I had a coupon, so I paid next to nothing for it
- Maple Leaf Prime Chicken which you can see is regularly $10.94 but I had a $2 off coupon
- Philly Cooking Creme which was on for $1.99 and I had a $1 off coupon (was wanting to try)
- Sobey's vegetable mix which I received bonus Sobey's Points for
- I started by boiling the pasta in a large pot Note* I always boil pasta longer than it says on the box so if you like a softer pasta like I do then make sure it has been cooking for quite a while before you continue on with the recipe.
- Normally I either boil or steam my chicken before using it in any recipe but because I was already straying from the original recipe I didn't want to really mess it up, so I did fry the chicken in a large frying pan
- When the pasta was basically done cooking I added in close to half the bag of frozen vegetables (they are smaller bags than most store brand vegetable mixes)
- I let that come back to a boil
- When everything was cooked I poured/scraped the entire tub of Philly Cooking Creme into the frying pan
- Then ladled in some of the cooking water from the pasta pot into the frying pan with the chicken making sure to stir over a high heat to make a quick sauce.
- I drained the pasta/veggie mix and added it to the frying pan and kept stirring it so that the excess water would boil off and thicken the sauce a bit.