Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Fix For Blogspot.ca posts on Facebook

As many have experienced this week, Facebook is blocking blogspot.ca posts

When you try to post with a blogspot.ca (blogger) post you see a message very similar to this


Chances are when you first signed up for your blog you were listed as blogspot.com (as I was).  The recent change to blogspot.ca (which was done automatically to me without any notification that I could see) has been quite messy!

As of this week my bandage for the problem was to PIN my posts on Pinterest and then post the pin on facebook.  Not really a great way to do it.

BUT

With the knowledge that I was orginally a blogspot.com (and not .ca) I tried an experiment and it worked.
I found a fix for the blogspot.ca issue on facebook.

It is much easier if I show you!





It also works if you find the .ca part within individual posts and then you change it to .com .  It took a little longer for it to post to facebook but it did work too.



4 comments:

  1. Lisa, you are a genius, a persistent one at that!
    Have a fabulous Thursday and thanks for this!
    Cheers,
    Nerina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Same with blogspot.co.uk but the old posts on facebook linking to blogspot.co.uk have been killed by facebook

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks - I had the same problem...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...