Tips To Reduce The Bounce Rate On Your Blog / Website
What Does Bounce Rate Mean?Bounce Rate is a term you may have heard of before but didn't quite understand it's meaning. Think of it this way, you google something, you click the link that looks best suited for your inquiry, then you noticed it didn't pertain what you were looking for so you hit the back button. Basically you moved on without giving the website/blog a chance. Hence the term "TIME TO BOUNCE"
Google tracks the rate of this action on your site's analytics. The bounce rate is usually a very high average 70% or more, so your goal is to reduce that number, meaning that the viewer chose to stay on your website and/or blog because they found it of interest.
3 Ways To Reduce Your Bounce RateThese are a few ways I work on reducing the bounce rate
- Link to other posts on you site that relate to the topic
- Add the Linkwithin widget that shows thumbnails of some of your other posts at the bottom of the page and links to them.
- Embed a video. You can create your own vlogs, but if that is not your thing, head to YouTube and find a video that coicides with your subject and embed it into your post.
Have an idea on how to reduce your bounce rate? Leave it in the comments!
Have a great Web How To, then join the What The Web Wednesday Link Up!
How To Participate In A Link UpFor this link up there are just a few things to do
- Scroll to the end of this post click the Add Your Link Button
- Put the link to the actual post (not just the link to your site) in the first field
- Type a quick title about the post
- Your email (not visible on the link up)
- Then click submit link
- For every link you leave visit another post on the link up and leave a comment on it
- Share this post on one of your social networks